<-- Blog Header -->

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

A Scarfie Fit for a King

Here I am modeling Momma's latest project. I knows I should prolly ask for a modeling contract a'cause I seem to model a lot of her projects, but I knows that she always gives me treatsies for posing with them so I don't think I need one. Do you know what she says to me? She says, "Timothy, I bought you from the shelter with hard earned moolah. So, if I want to put a scarf on you and take a picture, I will." I can't argue with her on that one. She saved me from that scary jail cell I was in. So, if it means a few minutes in a scarfie, then so be it.

Momma says that I look very handsome in this scarfie. Do I? I likes it a lot and I'll tell you why. It smells a little bit like a lamb! For real! The string Momma used to make it am called Fisherman's Wool. This is another reason that I likes it a lot. The word FISH is used!! This scarfie taked Momma a loooong while to make. She's been playing with her silly sticks since August making this scarfie! It am for somebean that am very special to us. I can't say who a'cause it would ruin the surprise...but his purrthday am coming up very soon! I don't think he'll look half as good as I do in it though. He doesn't have black fur that accentuates the color of the scarfie. But it am a very handsome scarfie and I'm sure it will make him look real good.

Momma insisted I post this picture of the scarfie upclose. She am really happy with how it "turned out" (whatever that means). She says it was her first time doing a cable stitch (don't care what it am called Momma, it am made with string and I loves it when it moves like a little wormie). Oh! Have I mentioned that Grammie has started making a blankie? Grammie am all way good at making things with her silly stick. It looks different than the one that Momma uses. There's only one and it's got a hook at the end. It am gonna take her a while to finish the blankie a'cause it hurts her shoulder when she does it too long. But it am looking really fancy and pretty already! It's got l♥ve hearts in it! I like to pounce on her string a'cause it also looks like a little wormie when it comes out of the bag she hides it in. I wonder why she hides the string from me???

Click HERE to go to the most current post.

20 Comments:

At January 31, 2006 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous replied...

Timmy

You look boo-te-ful in your scarfie!

*Abby

 
At January 31, 2006 9:37 AM, Blogger Ivan from WMD replied...

You're so lucky to be able to model all the neat stuff your mom makes. That scarf is beautiful!

 
At January 31, 2006 10:31 AM, Blogger Kukka-Maria replied...

My mom started "cabling" this year, too (I don't know what that is any more than you). She knitted her first Aran sweater and posted it on her blog.

Thankfully, Mom has never made me model her knitting...she knows I'm only pose nude!

 
At January 31, 2006 12:18 PM, Blogger Brandi Mills replied...

That scarf is very nice and you look quite handsome in it Timmy. Maybe your mom could make you one, scaled down to your size. You'd be stylin'!

-Woof! (China)

 
At January 31, 2006 12:55 PM, Blogger Shaggy and Scout replied...

Our Mom can't do anything! Your Mom & grammie knit & Cro-shay and so does Diva Kitty & Puff's moms. Boni & Sanjee's mom makes jewelery. The Whippy Curly Tails mom does artwork, Kukka'a mom does ceramics. Max's mom writes books. Our mom just sits around & reads books. Not a creative bone in her body.

 
At January 31, 2006 1:18 PM, Blogger Fat Eric replied...

Your mom is so talented! My mum wishes she could do some of that clever stuff. I think I would be good at posing around in it. You look very cool in that scarfie.

 
At January 31, 2006 2:49 PM, Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats replied...

Your purty black goes so good with golds......Mom used to knits and crotchet, now all she does is internet!!

 
At January 31, 2006 4:26 PM, Blogger The Crew replied...

You're so lucky, your Mom makes all this stuff just for you. Our Mom knows how to crochet, but she never does it. She always says she's too tired, so we never get to play with yarn or have anything made special for us, like a special blankie. (Mom are you listening?)

 
At January 31, 2006 5:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous replied...

You really could be a model, Timmy! Me n' Meep never sit still when our mom puts stuff on us. 'Course, our mom can't make a pretty scarf like your mom did - your mom is very talented!
Buzzerbee & meep

 
At January 31, 2006 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous replied...

There you go again, Timmy! Being all good with the yarn, I mean. You are starting to make me look bad!
That scarf looks really similar to the one my mom made for my dad. Looky http://vaxgirl.blogdrive.com

I think our moms have excellent taste.

 
At January 31, 2006 6:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous replied...

It's a lovely scarf, Timmy, and you are quite a handsome model. Rrrowwwwrrr.

~ Nala

 
At January 31, 2006 7:12 PM, Blogger Sanjee replied...

Your Mommy is right, Timmy. You're very handsome in that scarf. No wonder, since it has FISH in the name.

 
At January 31, 2006 8:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous replied...

Wow, that is really booful. You look handsome. My mama can't do anything like that, she says it is not her -- what, mama?-- her fortay.

 
At January 31, 2006 10:19 PM, Blogger IndyPindy replied...

You do look very handsome! This charity called Save our Siberians sells scarves, mittens, hats and blankets that are knitted from yarn that is spun from Husky wool. Mommie wants to get a Husky scarf made of wool from my hair.

 
At January 31, 2006 10:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous replied...

You look very handsome in the scarf your mom made! It is a very beautiful scarf--your mom is SOOO talented!

 
At January 31, 2006 10:47 PM, Blogger Edsel/The Pooch replied...

your Mom makes good cables. my Mom makes stained glass, altho i don't know why should wouldn't want good glass that isn't stained?? my Dad makes art, they call him an ar-tist

 
At January 31, 2006 10:57 PM, Blogger Max replied...

Granted, I would not sit still to pose in anything for anyone, but dude, your mom has some wicked talent! That scarf looks awesome! The Man likes to crochet sometimes, but he's so freaking slow--he's been woking on the same afgan for three years, and he's only done about 6 inches on it. Seriously! When the PEople lived in north Dakota he started an afgan for the Woman because she gets cold easy--he didn't finish it until like a month before they moved three years later.

Maybe your mom can make you an afgan to sleep on!

 
At February 01, 2006 10:50 PM, Blogger Just Ducky replied...

Hey Buddy,

I see we are running against each other this month for Mr. February in the Calvin & Hobbs photo contest.

Sorry, but nothing you do will get me or mum to vote for you. Last month, mum voted as often as she could for you.

P.S. Mum says your mum has done a very good job on her knitting. The cables look like and even. So she has done a very good job. Plus you wear it well.

 
At February 02, 2006 7:52 PM, Blogger Just Ducky replied...

Hi,

Mum saided she would vote for you too. Or was it two for me and one for you. Hmmm. Anyway, may the best blogging cat win.

 
At February 02, 2006 11:08 PM, Blogger WCTs replied...

Such a handsome kitty...very distingished...we try to spell right!

Mom posted my story...come read about me!

Tannie Man,
The Whippy Curly Tails in the Toasty South!
=^..^=

 

Post a Comment

<< Home