<-- Blog Header -->

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Taking care of business

Happy A'lated Easter Greetings to you all. I didn't get a chance to sit Momma down for an Easter post this year a'cause it was such a busy day! Momma wented to her cousin's house and had a nice time with her family and then wented to visit Grammie in the afternoon. Momma's Auntie Kathy gived her home made cookies that looked so good, a poodin' wanted to eat them! The box they were in was wrapped in a fancy bow that Momma said I could play with! Auntie Kathy knows what a poodin' likes!! I carry it around the house in my mouth all bunched up and talk to it and then I lay on top of it...I can feel it under my belly, it kinda tickles! It's such good fun to play with!!

We hadded a bit of a scare when Grammie's health care beans a'cided she was to be discharged from the nursing home this past Thursday. Every week she am a'valuated on her progress and I guess the doctor in charge didn't know mine Grammie very well and sent in a fax to the health care beans saying she wasn't getting better fast enough or somethin' a'cause that's when we found out they weren't gonna help her pay for her care anymore. So she peeled her suitcase twice...what's that Momma? Oh...she appealed her case twice and the second time, it was accepted and now her health care beans am taking care of her money again. I don't like all that green stuff a'cause it causes so many problems. I like being a cat a'cause the only green thing I care about is catnip.

So aside from all the bad health care spooky things happening, Grammie am slowly getting better. Next Monday, she has to go get a special picture taken of her leg that shows her bones. If the doctor says she can put weight on it, then she can start having therapy done on it! Let's hope and pray that happens. Grammie am also on a special kinda pill for her cancer that am supposed to shrink it down. That's the other thing we hafta keep praying for too.

This past Saturday, I climbed into mine luggage carrier and Momma brought me to see Grammie! I was so a'cited. But you know, that place smells different and there are lotsa scary noises. So I stayed in my carrier for a really long time a'fore I a'cided to peek my head thing out. I gave Grammie's hand a head butt and eated some treatsies that she gived me...oh how I missed mine Grammie! She knows how to give my chin a real good scritchie :) So anyway, Momma surprised Grammie by bringing a portable DVD player! We all sat together and watched "The Village", Grammie's favorite scary movie. I'm all way brave, it doesn't scare me!

Know what did scare me? When Momma wented away and left me all alone on Saturday night. She didn't come back until Sunday night!! It was my very first time being home all by myself overnight. I had plenty of water and a great big bowl of crunchies!! (Shmaybe Momma should sleep over somewhere else more often? Tee-Hee!) Momma went on tour with her college beans and maked music with them. She waved her hands at them and even gotted to sing and play a little too! Auntie Deb maked the program cover for the tour and it am all way pretty...see? When Momma came home, it was raining so very hard I didn't know if she'd hafta swim to get into the house!! Yesh, if you have seen the mews, you'll know that we hadded lotsa rain. We am fortunate a'cause our house am on a tiny little hill so all the water stays away from us. It even maked kaboomies and ice that night! Momma didn't have school on Monday a'cause of all the water making Mew Jersey a mess. It's a good thing too a'cause when she came back, she hadded a cold. It am all way bad and so I've been keeping her warm by laying on her lap. I purr lots to make her feel better. Them am magic purrs you know. Well, I see it's time to go watch more talking box with Momma so I hafta get on her lap again!

Labels: , ,

Click HERE to go to the most current post.

12 Comments:

At April 17, 2007 10:05 PM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy replied...

Fanks for the update Timmy - we has been purraying furry hard for your Grammie and has been wondering how she has been doing. Gladded that your house isn't unner water too!

 
At April 17, 2007 10:22 PM, Blogger Just Ducky replied...

Hey Timmy good to hear from you. Sounds like your beans life is furry busy. Happy to hear Grammie is slowly getting better.

I like it when mum goes away overnight. I gets a furry full bowl of food to munch on.

 
At April 17, 2007 11:03 PM, Blogger Carolina Cats replied...

Timmy, we're furry glad to heer that Grammie is getting better and speshly that you gotted to go visit her! Wow, you am a lucky poodin and I bet Grammie was furry happy to see you too! You are furry brave to go see her even tho it's a little scary for you.

Buddy & Finny

 
At April 18, 2007 3:05 AM, Blogger KC replied...

wimmy, you kinda look nipped?!

glad grammie is doing better!

 
At April 18, 2007 8:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous replied...

Wow Timmy, that's lotsa news! We're glad Grammie is doing better and her insurance got worked out. Our auntie had to take some shrinking pills a few years ago too, and they worked pretty well for her. You were very brave to visit Grammie, Mom says that makes her feel better too.

Your mom and Auntie Deb are very talented. If our mom waved her hands, the other beans would probably just lock her up!

Give your mom and Grammie some magic purrs from us too!

 
At April 18, 2007 10:07 AM, Blogger Mr. Hendrix replied...

We're glad to hear an update Timmy. Mine mommy agrees, insurance agencies and green stuff can cause oodles of problems.
We're glad your grammie is doing better, we're praying very hard for her.
You were very brave staying alone in the dark for the first time. Good job! Enjoy your ribbon....and that nippy green stuff.

 
At April 18, 2007 11:48 AM, Blogger Shaggy and Scout replied...

Glad to hear grammie is feeling better. Too bad she had to go back to that place agaon, but they take good care of her there.
Great job guarding the house while momma was away.

 
At April 18, 2007 12:10 PM, Blogger Smeagol and Strider, Mystery (Sunnin' at the Bridge) and Gizmo too! replied...

We're glad to hear from you, Timmy! We've been purrin' and purrayin' for your Grammie (and your Momma and you too)! You are so brave, goin' to visit Grammie AND stayin' home by yourself!

 
At April 20, 2007 10:47 AM, Blogger Christine and FAZ replied...

Wow, you sure lead a very exciting and busy life. I have stayed on my own before but I don't like it if it lasts more than one day. I get lonely on the bed at night even when people come around to feed me. FAZ

 
At April 21, 2007 1:31 PM, Blogger WCTs replied...

Still an adorable kitty!

 
At April 21, 2007 9:03 PM, Blogger Tommy and Teaghan replied...

We wuz wondering how you were doing in Mew Jersey acoz owr Mom's co-workers had lots of water and got to go home early from werk efun.

 
At April 22, 2007 12:23 AM, Blogger The Fluffy Tribe replied...

Oh Timmy yer life has been so busy. We hopes yer Grammie gets better and her leg is good enough to use and her cancers shrink. We are sending good purrayers yer way for her. We are also happy to hear that yer house wasn't flooded. Those rains were a lot. Yer bow looks like so much fun. ~poiland tribe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home