<-- Blog Header -->

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Thanksgiving comes early

Momma couldn't figure out why I was running from window to window like a wild cat this morning. I maked my eye things get all way big and then ran into the kitchen and up onto the table. When Momma saw that, she said, "Timothy, GET DOWN!! You know better!" which I do, but for something so fantastic as this, I wasn't about to budge! When Momma heard "buk buk buk...buk buk..." she peeked out next to me and said "oh my gosh!" and ran to get the camera. It's not every day you get visited by a wild turkey!! When Momma goes to wave her hands at the college beans, she usually sees a bunch of deer, and sometimes gets to see the wild turkey gang (about 15) hanging out by the great big resevoir, but today, just one lone turkey. But still, we have NEVER seen turkey near our house like that! Once a few years ago we sawed the gang across the street but that was it! Today, I'm gonna make sure I keep my eye things open and my ear things in tune for that funny "buk buk buk" sound :)

More info and shmaybe more pictures (when Momma comes home from waving her hands at the beans at school) will be available later on at my wildlife watch.

Labels: ,

Click HERE to go to the most current post.

15 Comments:

At April 24, 2007 1:54 PM, Blogger jenianddean replied...

Mom and Dad's friend's husband likes Wild Turkey, but I think it's a different kind of wild turkey. That is a great visitor. I know we'd be in all the windows, too...
--Jasper

 
At April 24, 2007 2:25 PM, Blogger Mr. Hendrix replied...

Oh my goodness. that is the coolest bird efer! hopefully your mommy let you stay on the table till he was gone. nothing like a good vantage point for your "wildlife watch."

 
At April 24, 2007 2:58 PM, Blogger Tiki, Kirby, and StanLee replied...

Best day ever!! We would love to see a big birdie like that.

We hopes your Grammie is feeling better. Sending purrs and purrayers.

 
At April 24, 2007 6:39 PM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy replied...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh yuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmm that is one tasty looking fev-ver.

how's grammie?

 
At April 24, 2007 7:59 PM, Blogger Shaggy and Scout replied...

That nasty bird was taunting you Timmy!!!

 
At April 25, 2007 1:09 AM, Blogger Max replied...

=gasp= TURKEY!
Ohmy.
I think they look better when they don't have feathers and they've been in the oven for 3-4 hours, but that's still pretty sweet looking!

 
At April 25, 2007 12:05 PM, Blogger The Crew replied...

We've never seen one of those birdies near our house. We see gooses and they go "honk, honk, honk".

Your friend
Misty E

 
At April 26, 2007 12:37 PM, Blogger Icon Baxter Bentley replied...

How exciting for you!! I would be a little bit scared of a bird that is bigger than me!

purrs,
Icon

 
At April 27, 2007 9:13 AM, Blogger Unknown replied...

That bird looks mean!!!

 
At April 27, 2007 11:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous replied...

Whoa! Is that what I've been enjpying when Dad makes a sandwich? Quick, get the cranberry sauce!

 
At April 29, 2007 6:47 AM, Blogger The Fluffy Tribe replied...

oh yummm turkey is so goooood ~poiland tribe

 
At May 02, 2007 11:02 PM, Blogger Smeagol and Strider, Mystery (Sunnin' at the Bridge) and Gizmo too! replied...

Wow, cool Timmy! That's a furry big bird!

 
At May 03, 2007 6:42 PM, Blogger Karen Jo replied...

How exciting to see a turkey in your yard! I hope you got to watch him until he left.

 
At May 06, 2007 7:26 PM, Blogger Memories of Eric and Flynn replied...

Now that's what yoo call big fev-vers!!

 
At May 10, 2007 11:31 PM, Blogger Just Ducky replied...

I tagged you for a meme. Stop by my blog!


How about an update on Grammie?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home