<-- Blog Header -->

Saturday, January 08, 2005

Laundry Day

I learned, through my best friends out in Catifornia, how warm and cozy it can be to get into the clean clothes after they come out of the drying monster. Now, our cleaning and drying monsters live in the basement where Mr. Rake also resides. We all know that Mr. Rake is a sourpuss and is always making a big loud noise when he is disturbed so I figure, it's best not to go down in the basement at all. This is a problem. How was I to get into the clean clothes if I don't go in the basement?!

I figured it out my friends! I can hear when Mommy comes up the stairs with the wicker basket full of laundry so, I go in the dining room across from the basement door and wait for her in the dark. As soon as the door opens, I make my eyes go black and flatten myself out like a pancake so she can't see me. When she brings the clothes into the bedroom, I come bounding out into the hall, run past Mommy, right up to the wicker basket. From there, I can scritchy scratch on the basket and smell all the nice clean clothes. Good times!

Yesterday, Mommy was busy talking with Miss Kitty's Meowmy online so she just brought the basket up and left it in the bedroom to fold later. Gramma started folding the clothes and putting them on the bed. Well, I knew if I didn't help, I'd be a hinderance so I jumped into the basket and kept the other clothes all warm for her. She didn't seem impressed but deep down, I know she was thankful for my assistance. It was so nice and warm in that basket with all the clean clothes!

Here's the bestest part of all...To thank me fore being so helpful, Gramma had folded all the clothes into piles on the bed. I knew she did it just for me so I could pretend I was bowling...I just know it! I hunkered down in the basket, shimmy-shaked my hiney and pounced right into the middle of all the piles of clothes! I got a strike! Gramma said loud words but I think she was just all proud of my accomplishments a'cause she lined all the piles back up for me again!

Oh what a wonderful afternoon of helping Gramma! Doing the laundry is so much fun! I dunno why I always hear Mommy complaining about it so much. Maybe she needs to try out the warmth of the clean clothes and hiding in the basket. Maybe if she does that, she will be rewarded with a game of bowling too??


Gramma's Little Helper

Click HERE to go to the most current post.

3 Comments:

At January 09, 2005 2:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous replied...

Hmm... Maybe I should try that too when my meowmy washes her clothes... You think?



Miss Kitty

 
At January 09, 2005 12:42 PM, Blogger Grammie replied...

Yes Timmy, I folded those clothes in nice neat piles just for you to knock down - not! Please don't help me again, ha ha!
Luv, Grammie

 
At January 09, 2005 9:42 PM, Blogger Max replied...

I love clothes right out of the dryer, but I've never tried Clean Clothes Bowling before! Oh, man, I hope the Woman does laundry tomorrow so I can try it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home