<-- Blog Header -->

Friday, January 28, 2005

Mbira Lessons

I told Mommy that the guitar is something I wouldn't mind learning but I don't think I'll master it in time for Valentine's Day so I asked her to show me some more music things that I could play for my Sweet Izzy. So, Mommy said that she had lots of different things to show me but she said this one was extra special! Well, I think Sweet Izzy is extra special so I figured, I'd try it out! Mommy says it's called an Mbira.

I thought it smelled divine a'cause the belly of it was a gourd! Mommy says that people play this instrument thingy in very hot places like Africa. And that it also has little beads and fun things to touch on it too. She said that when you play the mbira, the beads rattle and it's supposed to clear your mind of other thoughts so that you can concentrate on the music. See? I told you it was an extra special instrument!


What is this thing?!

It was then that Mommy told me how to play it. She said that it makes music by plucking the metal bars that are sticking out. So, I tried but it didn't work too well. Then she laughed and said that another name for the mbira is "thumb piano" Ha. Ha. Mommy, very funny. I'm a poodie. I don't have thumbs. Obviously, this instrument thingy is out...


How come it won't play right?

Click HERE to go to the most current post.

3 Comments:

At January 28, 2005 2:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous replied...

Hi Timmy! Very cute pictures; especially the bottom one where you're standing up. Have fun with your "mew-sic"!

Bonnie (Buzzbee & meep's mom)

 
At January 28, 2005 3:25 PM, Blogger Jinky replied...

Hi Bruddie...

I think Izzy will really like what you are doing! A'cause she loves you. So even if you dont have thumbs..She will be all sweet and think you are the bestest!!

Jinky

 
At January 28, 2005 8:03 PM, Blogger The Fluffy Tribe replied...

A thumb piano, that's very funny. Your sweet Izzy will like anything you send her. I like the Mbira though. I bet the gurrrd smelled good. ~Merlin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home