<-- Blog Header -->

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

On the Deck

There's nothin' better than the Springtime. The weather is warm enough to go out on the deck and relax and do a turtle on the deck chair :) Mommy and Gramma camed out last night and had some dinner at the table. Mommy fixed the chair so that I can sit in it again. It lets me see more of the backyard! I dunno why I didn't think to tell her this last year!
Know what? There's fresh catnip growin' in the herb box on the deck too! So every now and then, Mommy will snip off a piece and give it to me! There's nothin' better than fresh nip from the stalk! I was reading a poem that Shadow, KoKo and Merlin's Mommy wrote about Merlin. It was really good! You should totally read it a'cause I bet you'll like it too! I'll make it easy for you! Click -->Kitty<-- And then go compliment her on her fine feline poem by writing to the Poi Rats and Cats!! She gets lotsa ♥purrs and licks♥ from me!
Speaking of poems, I wrote one last year about catnip! I asked Mommy to go searchin' for it and she found it:
Ode to Catnip

Oh luscious leaf,
thou makest me quiver.
With minty scent,
thee doth make me shiver.
When plucked from thy stalk,
thou maketh me talk...
Sweet catnip, thou send me to slumber.
-Timothy Dickens © 2004




After reading about how Merlin's Mommy wrote that poem, I decided shmaybe I should try my hand at another poem! I'll have to go put my thinking cap on but first...a little snooze...

Click HERE to go to the most current post.

4 Comments:

At April 20, 2005 2:52 PM, Blogger The Fluffy Tribe replied...

You look so comfy out there on the lanai. I wish we had one and could go out a bit. Try a poem again the catnip one was grrrreat. :) ~Merlin, Shadow, and Ko Ko

Thank you for the compliments Timmy ~Merlin, Shadow, and Ko Ko's Mom :) Your catnip poem was very good.

 
At April 20, 2005 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous replied...

We love it outside too. We can't go now because we are getting new front steps and walk and then a new driveway. Lots of scary men and noisy monsters out there right now. -Scooby & Shaggy

 
At April 20, 2005 8:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous replied...

P.S. Forgot to mention your poem: you are a gifted poodie with the words! They rhymed & everything!! -S & S

 
At April 21, 2005 7:47 AM, Blogger Ginger The Cat replied...

Oh wow, what a nice place for a nap! You look so calm out there. It's been so long since I've been outside that I'd probably be all hyper. I think I'd be askeered. :/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home