<-- Blog Header -->

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Momma's Hero

Momma am calling me her hero today. She gived me a great big hug and kiss and fed me breakfast way a'fore she usually does. Know why? A'cause she says I saved her life! There was a loud scary noise that kept saying "fire, fire" over and over and Momma was sleeping through it so I wented into the bedroom and pushed her with my paw until she waked up and heard it herself. She opened the basement door and a big puff of white stuff came up in her face and maked her cough. She picked up the fone thing and maked a call and said her house was filling up with smoke. Then, she taked me real fast and put me in my carrier and woke up the old lady next door. All three of us wented outside where it was really cold. A bunch of monsters with wheels came with lights on. The nice cop beans that camed and helped Gramma a month ago camed back and tolded us to wait for the firemen. I didn't know what a firemen was until I sawed that great big monster with wheels coming...

A'member when I tolded you about the monster with wheels that keeps going back and forth running away from something while it's crying and how I thought it was a'scared of something? I was wrong! It wasn't crying, AND it wasn't running away from something...it was yelling to other monsters with wheels to get out of the way. It camed to my house this morning. A bunch of beans gotted out and went into the basement where that white, stinky smell camed from. They said it am the furnace (that nasty monster that growled at me all winter) and that it maked lots of smoke come out into the basement. It am ok now a'cause Momma turned it off until it will be checked out by a 'fessional. The beans are called firemen! And know what? Some of them knew my Momma! They go to church where Momma waves her hands at the beans as they sing to her. In fact, Momma snuck a picture of one of them...

This am Rick. He maked sure the house stopped smelling like stinky stuff and opened all the windows and put fans on to make the white stuff go away. He wrote about how they camed to the house at 7 in the morning (a'fore my breakfast) and how they fixed the problem. The firemen am real nice beans just like the others that camed to help Gramma a month ago. We're all safe back inside our house (but it is a bit cold). Momma am keeping Tangie covered a'cause the windows are open and it's too cold for him. I told him he could stay inside my mouth and warm up but he said no.

Click HERE to go to the most current post.

17 Comments:

At September 25, 2005 3:43 PM, Blogger Max replied...

Whoa, dude, good job! I hope you get some extra treats for saving your Mom. A couple years ago I woke the Woman up because her fan was smoking and stinking the place up, and she was so happy that I got SHRIMP. You need shrimp!

 
At September 25, 2005 4:35 PM, Blogger Shaggy and Scout replied...

Oh Timmy you are brave, and smart to know what to do in an 'mergency! It's probably better for the furnace monster to break down now, instead in January. There are lots of good helper beans in the world aren't there?

 
At September 25, 2005 4:44 PM, Blogger Edsel/The Pooch replied...

wow, Timmy, what a good job you did. that coulda been really bad news if you hadn't been on patrol. i'm tellin' you, we poodins have a lot to be 'sponsible for. yea Timmy!!

 
At September 25, 2005 5:25 PM, Blogger Miz replied...

Way to go Timmy! You are a smart poodie.

 
At September 25, 2005 6:47 PM, Blogger Ginger The Cat replied...

OMG Timmy! I am SOOO glad you are such a smart and brave poodie and woke your Mommy!!!

 
At September 25, 2005 7:46 PM, Blogger Myst and Blackie replied...

Great job, Timmy. Our Mom said you were wonderful. We are glad you, Tangie & your Mom are all safe and that the house is okay.

 
At September 25, 2005 9:04 PM, Blogger Brandi Mills replied...

Wow, Timmy, you ARE a hero! Not only are you a handsome puddin', but you're a smart one too! If I were just a few years younger....

-Audrey

 
At September 25, 2005 9:06 PM, Blogger Brandi Mills replied...

Good goin', Timmy! I hope I would do the same thing. I'm very scared of smoke so I'm not sure if I'd run upstairs to warn everyone, or just hide. I hide when Mom burns dinner!

-China

 
At September 25, 2005 9:56 PM, Blogger Spock replied...

Oh, Wimmy, I's so glad you & your Momma are ok. Bad furnace, bad! You are so smart & brave. You give all us puddins a good name & they ought to give you one of those hero medals that they give to woofies sometimes.

 
At September 25, 2005 10:12 PM, Blogger Robert replied...

Oh Timmy, you and your momma and grammie are having such a run of bad luck. I hope it improves soon!

 
At September 25, 2005 11:58 PM, Blogger Sanjee replied...

WOW! You're so smart and brave Timmy! You did so great to help your Momma out like that. I'm sure she's real proud of you. I know your Gramma will be real proud of you too. You deserve a medal!

 
At September 26, 2005 12:01 AM, Blogger PrincessMia replied...

Wow Timmy, you are a hero poodie. You did a good job! I agree with Max, you deserve some shrimpies!

 
At September 26, 2005 7:43 PM, Blogger Beau replied...

Way to go Timmy! You're so smart for waking your mom up! Thanks for doing us proud!

 
At September 26, 2005 10:36 PM, Blogger Ivan from WMD replied...

Timmy, you are braver than Lassie! We're so very glad you knew what to do and that your mommy is safe! (And you too, of course!)

 
At September 28, 2005 3:02 PM, Blogger Musette replied...

If I wore a hat, it would go off to you, Timmy. I'm glad you and your family are safe.

 
At October 01, 2005 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous replied...

Mama takes good care of Timmy, and Timmy takes good care of Mama. Well done, Timmy! So glad to know that everyone and everything is OK and safe .

Now, don't be afraid to remind her of your bravery next time you want something special from her!

 
At October 01, 2005 1:00 PM, Blogger WCTs replied...

Timmy, hats off to you. You are such a brave and good kitty sentry.

We are so glad you are safe and that your Mom knows those fireman. Sheesh..we are so relieved.

Many treats for you!!!! A+++++

The Whippy Curly Tails in the Toasty South! =^..^=

 

Post a Comment

<< Home