<-- Blog Header -->

Monday, October 03, 2005

All Soaked

I gotted in trouble real bad. Not for making a messy in Gramma's bedroom with the curtain, but instead for what happened the other night when we visited Gramma. When we were on our way home, I cried to be let out of the carrier so Momma taked me out so I could sniff the good fresh air out the window of the monster with wheels. I was all confused a'cause the sun thing had gone to bed while we were visiting Gramma. I've never been out when the sun thing is sleeping. It scared me a little. No, a lot.

When we gotted to the house, I knew we were near it a'cause I could smell my house. I was all a'cited and when Momma opened the door, I jumped out and ran to the end of the leash. She had a plastic bag in her hand that shook and made crinkly noises that scared me real bad and I jiggled and wiggled my way out of my leash and collar. I didn't know where to go to get away from the plastic crinkly noises so I made a run for it. I runned into the backyard where I stopped long enough for Momma to see me. I could hear her but I didn't know where she was and I sawed this big shadowy thing coming towards me. It maked me run away. I runned and runned until I didn't smell anything familliar. Looking back now, Momma says I was in our neighbor's yard close to a road.

I could hear Momma crying real hard and she kept calling my name and jingling my collar. But, I didn't know where she was! I kept seeing that shadowy thing coming towards me and as soon as it got too close for comfort, I would run away s'more. I didn't know it was my Momma at the time. She just kept making boo-hoo sounds and calling my name. Then, I went hidey a'hind the shed and stayed there for a real long time. I could hear Momma real nearby and heard things falling on the ground all around me. I smelled my favorite treatsies and realized, the things falling were my treatsies! I camed out and tasted a few and kept finding more and more. Just when I ran out of treatsies, more appeared and as I went to eat them, that shadowy thing grabbed me by the nape of my neck...it was Momma. She was shaking real hard and wet stuff camed out of her eyes. She maked boo-hoo noises and we went inside the house. She tapped my hiney and tolded me that I scared her real bad. Well, she hugged me for a real long time and told me that my days on a leash are over for quite a while. I don't mind. I was back inside where my crunchy bowl was and my booda loo and everything else that smelled familliar.

Momma looked at my paws and she said they were all black and had grease and yucky on them. So, she putted me in the tub and maked foam on me with smelly shampoo stuff. While she was doing that, she said I was a very lucky poodin' for not hurting myself out there. She said that there's lotsa broken glass all over the ground where I kept running a'hind the shed. She was very thankful to God that nothing happened to me. Know what? She prayed even while I was running away and all hidey that God would protect me and keep me safe. It think that's why I didn't get all hurty on the broken glass.

Now there's talk of a microchip being put in me. I dunno what it is or what it's for but it doesn't sound good to me. I hearded that my cousin, Riley dog, has one I think. I dunno if I was something like that. What does it do? Momma asked Beau's Momma about it. I think she's totally serious about putting it in me. Am I happy about it? Well...do I look happy to you?!?

Click HERE to go to the most current post.

16 Comments:

At October 03, 2005 2:55 PM, Blogger Shaggy and Scout replied...

We're glad you're back safe where you belong. There's no place like home!

 
At October 03, 2005 5:05 PM, Blogger Miz replied...

Your poor mama, it's so frightening when your poodie goes missing. I've been there. I am so glad your home safe. Sometimes the great outdoors isn't all it's cracked up to be.

 
At October 03, 2005 5:34 PM, Blogger Edsel/The Pooch replied...

Timmy, microchips are good and you should get one. what they do is if, heaven forbid you ever get lost, when someone finds you they can scan your microchip and figure out who you are and where you live. i was out ALL NIGHT once when i was real little and it was real scary. my Mom was way upset and i didn't know what to do, but fortunately, i got home ok.

 
At October 03, 2005 6:12 PM, Blogger Robert replied...

Hey, Tim Tim... Me and the Prez went out front 'splorin without a leash the other day too! It was daylight, but when dad would come near me, I'd run away. Well, then dad made nice little "hi sammie, what a good boy" noises, and I came and purred. He scooped me up and put me back inside. Larry got scared and ran back inside all by himself. I'm not a'scared of out front, but the other catizens are..

 
At October 03, 2005 6:56 PM, Blogger Sanjee replied...

Oh that's scary Timmy. And your Mommy must have been scared to boo hoo so much. I'm glad you didn't get hurt none and that your Mommy got you back inside safe! And you don't look real happy in those pictures, nope. My Mommy says axle grease and stuff like that don't taste so good, tho, so at least you din't have to lick it all off. Maybe that makes up a lil for getting a bath.

 
At October 03, 2005 7:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous replied...

Timmy, my mama prays to God too. He always answers prayers. That is why your treatsies fell around, maybe like the Mana from Heaven when God's people were wandering in the big desert. Do not do that again Timmy, when you are scared go TO your mamma. We are anonymous fans and we love you. Be safe Timmy. A bath maybe will help you to remember not to do that again!

 
At October 03, 2005 10:01 PM, Blogger Ginger The Cat replied...

Oh my gosh Timmy! How scary for you and how scary for your momma!! Reading it made my momma sit on the edge of her seat and I thought she was going to cry!

I often hear my momma talking about some microchip thingies for us too. I'm kinda of askeert of that idea but momma said it would help me. Help me what?

 
At October 03, 2005 11:02 PM, Blogger Miz replied...

Attention Poodies, remember when you get a microchip make sure to check with your local animal control to find out what type of chip to get. They are not all the same and different detectors won't pick up some other companies chip.

 
At October 03, 2005 11:18 PM, Blogger Max replied...

Buddah has a chip; he says it only felt like a little pinch when they out it in--like getting a stabby from the bald guy at the stabby place. Sooner or later I'm getting one. I'm going to complain about it oud and long, but I'm really not afraid of it.

Being loose on the outside muta been really bad. There are icky things out there and I never want to go there. I bet your Mom watches you like a hawk for a while!

 
At October 03, 2005 11:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous replied...

Oh that's scary! Mom put a chip in me recently so if I ever get lost we can find each other! It's really no big deal!

 
At October 04, 2005 6:22 AM, Blogger ANGEL ABBYGRACE replied...

Oh poor {{{{{Timmy}}}}!!! I understand your Mama's feelings as my as I thought my little Boo Boo got out one time at night. I was very fearful and beyond upset. Turns out Boo had gotten into a closet I had opened and I didn't know it. IT all turned out well, just like for you. Those microchips are a good idea. I wonder how my poodies would like it?

 
At October 04, 2005 8:00 AM, Blogger Spock replied...

Oh, Wimmy! Poor thing...& your Mom! Gosh. Don't do that ANYMORE!!! (That's probably what she said!) The chip is good, you should get it. You wouldn't want to lose your Mom...

 
At October 04, 2005 3:41 PM, Blogger Mattingly replied...

Wow Timmy, I haven't posted in awhile and I came back to all of this! First you were an incredible hero. Then you got to relax. Then I'm you had to take care of curtains that were coming after you and your Mama, and THEN, a BIG adventure! My Mom thinks your Mama was very smart to think of throwing treats at you. You must have been so scared but I still think you are such a brave kitty and I look up to you lots. Better to lay low this week and give your Mama a break... that's what my Mom thinks!

 
At October 04, 2005 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous replied...

Oh how scary! I've sniffed outside, but that's about as close before dad said "what are you thinking!?!" Huggy Bear dashed outside once (I think Dad stepped past him and he got confused or startled) and Dad had to grab him by the tail and he ran right back inside and hasn't been tempted yet. I know your experience is Mom and Dad's biggest fear.

We're all so glad you are safe inside, even if it meant you had to take a wet bath.

 
At October 04, 2005 4:56 PM, Blogger Ivan from WMD replied...

Oh, Timmy, how scary! And how very very scary for your mom! That's never happened to me but when my brother was really really little (way before me), he got outside when our house was robbed and was missing for hours! Mom was so upset, the policewoman even wrote "cat missing" on the report, just like he'd been stolen! Turns out he was hiding in the garage because he was so scared, but my mom was even more scared until she found him.

We're glad you're OK. Eddie and I don't have chips; only Olivia has a chip. I don't know, but that *could* be the cause of her kangaroo troubles. I'm just sayin'.

 
At October 08, 2005 5:27 AM, Blogger The Fluffy Tribe replied...

We are all microchipped Timmy and even though it doesn't feel good at the time, it will help if your Mommy ever loses you. ~Merlin, Shadow, Ko Ko

 

Post a Comment

<< Home