<-- Blog Header -->

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

A Review by Timothy Dickens

My apologies for being so MIA these days, but alas, mine Momma has busied herself so much that I rarely see her. What's that Momma? I'm being too DRAMATIC?! Ugh...whatever... anyway, I was able to enjoy Columbus Day with Momma and Grammie. We watched a DVD that none of us had ever seen a'fore. I feel it's my doodie as a cat to tell you all to watch this film:

Yesh. Breakfast at Tiffany's. Can you a'lieve none of us have never seen it a'fore?! I must say, I was very impressed with Holly Golightly. What now Momma?! That's not her real name? Oh...her real name am Audrey Hepburn. Mhmm...well, anyway, she was all way pretty in it and Momma thinked her couch was really neat. I kinda liked it myself! It's a tub that's cut in half with some pillows on it!! Two of my favorite places to hang out together in one spot...

The story was written by Truman Capote. I sawed him a few months ago on the talking box. What Momma? I didn't see him?! Well then who did I see?? Oh...somebean a'tending to be him. Oh. Well, anyway, he wrote the story and it was nothin' at all like what I or mine Momma expected. It was really fun! Wanna know the bestest actor in the whole movie? His name is Orangey and he played "Cat".

Orangey looks very much like my dear kind friend and Purresident of Catifornia, Larry. I think if Larry went into acting, he could a'come the next Orangey! He is afterall, a model! Wait. I'm getting off mine subject. So anyway, Orangey was in a bunch of different movies from the 50's and 60's (a long time a'fore I was born). He was the only cat to ever win two Patsy Awards! (Patsy-Picture Aminal Top Star of the Year) Those awards are like oscars for aminals! Bravo!

I must say he is exquisite in the role of "Cat, the poor slob without a name". If for nothing else, you should all watch the movie just to enjoy his portrayal of a poodin. I can't a'lieve how many tricks he learned to do! In this scene, he is waking up Holly...err...Audrey who is sleeping and does a great job at it! He meowed and everything! In another memoral scene, he is showing off his skills as a high wire actor and jumps down on to the shoulders of a bean at a party. Fenominal work!

I won't spoil it for you, but he's a big character in the movie and overshadows Audrey Hepburn completely. In the final scenes of the movie, he will leave you breathless with his skills to go beyond the call of doodie as an actor to pull off an amazing stunt. I'll just say it involves water.

Bravo! Go see it if you haven't already!

Click HERE to go to the most current post.

14 Comments:

At October 10, 2006 8:01 PM, Blogger Max replied...

Hey, if the star is a kitty, I'll give it a whirl...presuming I can get the Woman to rent it for me. She says she likes the music from it so maybe she'll like the movie, too.

If I sit and watch the movie, do I get to eat crunchy treats the way People eat popcorn???

 
At October 10, 2006 8:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous replied...

Momma says she sawed that movie a loooong time ago and she liked it alot. She says she will rent it and we can watch it together. Thanks for letting me know about this faboolus kitty movie.

 
At October 11, 2006 12:06 AM, Blogger Just Ducky replied...

Mum and I have watched it. The ginger kittie does a good job in it.

 
At October 11, 2006 6:53 AM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy replied...

That is our mommy's mostest absloutest favoritest movie in the whole wide werld. She always cries at the end. We has seen it about a squillion times.

 
At October 11, 2006 6:54 AM, Blogger IndyPindy replied...

Hi Timmy! My mom likes this movie too.

I'm glad your back, I missed you!

 
At October 11, 2006 3:38 PM, Blogger The Crew replied...

We like watching movies & tv shows with cats in them. We usually look very good on screen.

George

 
At October 11, 2006 3:42 PM, Blogger Ivan from WMD replied...

Well, even though my mom is a squillion years old, she's never seen it. But now, thanks to your terrific review, I'm going to tell her that we have to watch it because Timmy said. PLUS, there's a famous cat in it.

 
At October 11, 2006 6:47 PM, Blogger Robert replied...

timmy, you said doodie.... TWICE!

 
At October 12, 2006 4:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous replied...

Huh huh, KC, Timmy did say doodie! Heh heh, heh.

 
At October 12, 2006 9:28 PM, Blogger Shaggy and Scout replied...

Our people have never seen the movie either and mom & dad really like watching old films best! That is a great picture of Orangie meowing real loud to wake that lazy lady up.

 
At October 13, 2006 12:33 PM, Blogger Gemini replied...

Well, I might have to see it just for Orangie's purrformance.

Nice to see you Timmy

 
At October 13, 2006 3:51 PM, Blogger Mr. Hendrix replied...

My mommy wubs that movie and the other movies the purty lady in it is in. She cries at the end like the Meezers mommy does. Cat is a wonderful actor. I never knew his name before. Thanks Timmy, we'll have to rent his other masterpieces.

 
At October 16, 2006 1:53 AM, Blogger Riley Dog replied...

Hi Timmy! Mommy FINALLY typed a bloggie for me... she's been busy too like Auntie Jenn but told me that she can help me with my blog again. She's real excited about coming out to see you again! Make sure you take good care of her when she there.

 
At October 24, 2006 12:36 PM, Blogger Meowers from Missouri replied...

wow! our mom hasn't seen that movie since it was in a theeayter--an' that was before she was allowed to have kitties! (she has a 'lergy an' hadda wait until she got all growed up and married an' stuff before she got The First Cat.) but she 'members the kitty. she's gonna go order it from the movie store tonight. thanks for 'mindin' her, or else we'da nefurr got to see it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home