<-- Blog Header -->

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Fire Drill!

Today, Momma and me wented to PetSmart all way early in the morning. I meowed my way through the store and Momma gotted me all nice stinky goodness and litter. She even gotted me a new nip pillow! Oh it was divine to sniff that good fresh nip all through the store!! When we got back in the monster with wheels, she tolded me that we were gonna go see Grammie! Oh how a'cited I was!!

So when we gotted to Grammie's, I hugged Momma until get gotted into her room. I stuck my head around the curtain and saw Grammie and she gave me a great big smile! I stayed on her blanket and made sure there was a lot of my fur on it! (tee-hee!!). Grammie opened a can of treatsies that Momma gotted on sale at PetSmart and I enjoyed a few while she pet me. Then when I was all way comfy, there was a strange noise and a flashy light that kept going off! I made big eyes and snuck into the closet by Grammie's bed. Momma laughed at me a'cause my whole body was out in the open, but I had my head a'hind Grammie's old leg brace. But what she doesn't know is that if I can't see the scary woo-woo truck that came, then they can't see me if I hide my head!! Still, she laughed good and hearty along with Grammie.

Today Grammie am feeling all way good a'cause she gotted a great big needle poke in her right knee thing. That am not the leg she hurt, but a'cause it has been carrying all her weight for so many weeks, it gotted all hurty. So the doctor taked her off of coo-mah-din and gived her court-a-zone in that knee thing. So today she says she thinks she might have a good therapy session. I sure hope so! I miss her oh so much...I meow all the time at home now.

Back to the woo-woo truck. When I peeked my head outside, I could see monsters with wheels that had flashy lights on top and great big truck things that came crying up the street. Momma hugged me and said I was being a very good boy a'cause I didn't try to run away and the noise didn't bother me after a few seconds. The woo-woo truck thing wented away and Grammie said it was just a fire drill. Why do you think they were drilling for fire at the nursing home? I've never heard of drilling for fire a'fore...oil, yesh...but fire? Beans are all way strange sometimes.

So after the woo-woo truck thing left and the noise and flashy lights wented away, I was allowed to walk around again and I visited Grammie's roommate, Mary. She likes me oh so much. When she smiles, it makes me happy a'cause she tells me how handsome I am and that I'm welcome to visit any time I want. Well, I a'cided that I would! I hopped up on her bed and gotted all comfy on top of her mewspapers. I stayed there so long that Momma was late getting to school! (oops) So now I'm home and all way a'laxed. I'm gonna go lay in my perch and sniff the good fresh air and enjoy the goldfinches as they sing in the flowery bush. Have a good day everybean!

OH! I almost forgotted to tell you! Grammie has been getting her special cards and "get well nuggets" and she loves them all! They're hanging on the wall in front of her bed so that she can always look at them :) She wanted me to tell you all "thank you". You are all way kind for sending Grammie get well cards. They make her oh so happy, you have no idea!!!!

Labels: , ,

Click HERE to go to the most current post.

8 Comments:

At May 22, 2007 7:41 PM, Blogger Karen Jo replied...

I am glad that you had a good visit with Grammie, even if the woo-woo truck made you a little scared. Your Grammie's roomate, Mary, sounds like a nice lady. I am happy that Grammie is doing better and that she is getting lots of cards.

 
At May 22, 2007 9:51 PM, Blogger Hannah replied...

Timmy, let Grammie know we are all still thinking of her out here, even if mom & dad didn't send a card yet.

 
At May 23, 2007 12:15 AM, Blogger Shaggy and Scout replied...

Timmy what a great cat you are making the patients feel better in that get well soon place.
Greetings to Grammie from us, too!

 
At May 23, 2007 1:25 AM, Blogger Max replied...

:::scacthes head:::

Hmmm. Maybe the Woman's Dad was there. She says he's so old he invented fire, so maybe he buried it there and they had to drill to get some out...?

I've never seen a woo woo truck...it sounds like I want to keep it that way!

 
At May 23, 2007 12:08 PM, Blogger jenianddean replied...

That sounds like quite an exciting visit. I'm glad she got our care package. Next time we'll have to include something for you too (that was a little thoughtless of me...)
--Jasper

 
At May 23, 2007 2:44 PM, Blogger The Crew replied...

Gosh, what an adventure, Timmy! Your Mom must have snuck you in for that visit, 'cause I didn't think they allowed cats to be in people hospitals.

 
At May 24, 2007 8:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous replied...

We are glad Grammie is feeling better. We know you miss her and she misses you too. We agree it's best to leave as much fur as possible wherever you go!

 
At May 26, 2007 12:55 PM, Blogger Cats~Goats~Quotes replied...

You were very sweet to visit Grammie and Miss Mary.
We hear and see the woo-woo truck a lot, because the house it lives in is not far from us.
You were very brave to not be afraid.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home