<-- Blog Header -->

Monday, March 14, 2005

My Purrthday!


Today is my purrthday! I was 'dopted a year ago today :) In honor of my purrthday, I decided to remember my very first post. When I went back and read it, I can see how much I've changed and also how much things have changed here! We no longer have Buttons the parakeet. He was too fresh and Mommy said he was too much of a temptation for me so he went to live with another family.
I'm so happy to have a nice warm house and a loving forever family to call my own :) Tonight, I heard a rumor about a purrthday cake! I hope I am right about that! I'll let you know tomorrow what happened...for now, enjoy my very first post that I wrote a whole year ago!!
New Home

I finally have a home! I was rescued from the animal shelter after being on the streets by my Mommy on Sunday, March 14th. This shall be considered my purrthday since I don't know myself when I was born! I'm already a year old and Gramma thinks I was somebody else's cat because of how well I obey commands (I obey her because I like her lots).

I am Timothy. My name means, honoring God which I think is quite nice. Mommy and Gramma picked it out for me. For a minute there, I thought my name was gonna be Whiskers which, if you ask me is quite feminine...

I like to consider myself a Tuxedo Cat. Most of the other cats I see online that look like me are called "Tuxedo" because we're black and white (geniuses these humans are). I like to think that I am always well dressed for the occasion.

I'm a little spooked about the idea that I have a whole house to roam around in. I've been in "jail" for the past month so it's nice to finally have some room to run in but there's soooo many places to go!

Oh, have I mentioned the birds? There's one that's fat and blue. The other is orange and sings a lot. If I could only get my paws on them! I don't know what comes over me when I see them! It's like the rest of the world fades away and it's just me and them... How I long to get closer to them. Mommy says they're for looking and not touching. Gramma gets angry because I stare too intently. I can't help it! They look yummy!!! I'm on a no-bird diet. So far so good but I have to tell ya, it is hard to resist the temptation when they flaunt their feathers in your face!!!

Well, it's night and I've got things to do. I've been waiting for Mommy and Gramma to hit the sack so I can check the place out more thoroughly without them in the way. Unfortunately, Gramma says she gets up a lot so this could get tough!


::Update::
Here's pictures from my purrthday party! I got these nice new treatsies:

Those Deli Selects are new from Whisker Lickin's and man, they're wicked goooood! Oh, the Easter Eggie is a treat a'cause Easter is coming soon! I'm gonna play with it lots!
And remember I said I might get a cake!? I got one! An ice cream cake!! Look-Look!!

Mommy and Gramma said I can sniff it and lick a little vanilla but I'm not allowed to have the chocolate part a'cause it's not good for me. Oh this has been such a nice fun day! And the sun thing came out and warmed up our house and Tangie sang a special purrthday song for me!

Click HERE to go to the most current post.

13 Comments:

At March 14, 2005 1:51 PM, Blogger Jinky replied...

HAPPY PURRRTHDAY BRUDDIE TIMMY!!!!

As the Sheriff of Catifornia..I has been 'gated to tell you that Your Wink Wink Israel and Purresident Larry,and Sammie and K.C.and Hannah and me your Bruddie Jinky and our beans Mommy and Daddy wishes you the happiest kitty cat purrthday ever ever yet!

And we is so happy you has a wonderful home with your bean Mommie and with Granmmie!!!!

Lots of kitty and bean love from Catifornia!!!

Loves, Larry, K.C., Sammie, Hannah, Israel, Jinky and Kristopher and Karen. (Our beans!)

 
At March 14, 2005 3:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous replied...

Happy happy birthday, Timmy!!!

That is a really handsome picture of you. I am so glad your Mommy found you and took you home from the Shelter.

*smOOchies* I hope your day is the bestest!!

Ginger
www.gingerthecat.com

 
At March 14, 2005 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous replied...

Catgratulations & Best Fishes from Scooby, Shaggy & the Guinea Herd

 
At March 14, 2005 5:44 PM, Blogger Brandi Mills replied...

Happy Birthday Timmy! You and I have something in common - we use or adoption days as our birthday.

The hissy kitty that lives here (also known as Audrey) told me to tell you congratulations and that she thinks you're a cute puddin'.

-Woof! (China)

 
At March 14, 2005 7:27 PM, Blogger Max replied...

HAPPY PURRTHDAY!!!! I hope you get some nifty kitty crack along with that cake. As much as it pains me to say this, maybe you should also go lick the People on the tips of their noses, since they did bail you outta jail. I was -this- close to going to jail when the Younger Human talked his friend into letting me go home instead.

Oooh...are they going to give you somet live dead fresh meat thing today, too???

 
At March 14, 2005 10:28 PM, Blogger Ivan from WMD replied...

Happy purrthday, Timmy! It sure looks like you had a wonderful, wonderful day!

And my mom loved your story. She says you are one special lucky little boy, like me! We're all glad we got to know you.

 
At March 14, 2005 11:30 PM, Blogger Timmy replied...

To my friendly beans, guinea pigs, rats, birdies, doggies and of course poodies:
Thank you all for your kind wishes and purrthday words! I had such a nice day (even though Mommy and Gramma went bye-bye at the same time today! It's ok a'cause they bought me a cake :)
I'm so glad to have a home with my Mommy, Gramma and Tangie but I'm even happier that I have all my furry friends online too! I loves you all a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck and a barrel and a heap!
Purrs and Licks to all of you!

 
At March 15, 2005 1:33 AM, Blogger The Fluffy Tribe replied...

Have a happy, happy, happy Purrthday Timmy from everyone here in Aloha land. Your cake looks delicious. We are going to ask for a poodie cake next year for our birthday. The vermin get a small slice of cake for theirs.

 
At March 15, 2005 9:53 AM, Blogger Pootlecat replied...

Happy Birthday Timothy - and thanks for the kind words about Agatha - we're hoping she's going to recover really soon. Enjoy that cake!

 
At March 15, 2005 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous replied...

Happy Birthday Timmy! I'm happy to read about your exciting day. Your such a special kitty! I enjoy reading your blog everyday. :)

 
At March 15, 2005 5:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous replied...

I'm glad you got an ice cream cake instead of a kitty litter box cake (you can search google for that one)...

 
At March 15, 2005 8:46 PM, Blogger Timmy replied...

Oh yuk! I saw a picture of that cake and the thought of eating it was nasty! LOL!! But a very clever idea if we had little beans around here for Halloweenie.

Hi Mia's Mommy! I don't think I've heard from you a'fore! You're more than welcome to comment anytime you like :) purr....

 
At March 16, 2005 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous replied...

Happy Purrthday Timmy, and mayo you have many more! It sounds like you have a purrfect home, too. (Sorry we're late, but we blame our human, who's slacking off lately. We need to start cracking the whip on him.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home