<-- Blog Header -->

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

What is the meaning of this?!?

I have to tell ya... There's nothing more exciting than watching the birdies eat their meals at the bird feeder this time of year. They're practically waiting in line to get there!! A poodie could chitter all day long! Why, just this morning, I have seen a bunch of chickadees and sparrows...oh and a CROW! But the crow didn't eat from the feeder. He just sat on the ground screaming his fool head off.
But, there's something that can dampen a poodie's spirit faster than you can say vacuum. The presence of a squirrel. I just simply cannot tolerate them. They can drive a poodie to O.D. on catnip. Seriously. Look at this...LOOK! Just look at what nerve this squirrel has!

He jumped right up onto the window's ledge and looked in at me! Not only that but when I told him to "scram", he turned and stood up on his hind legs and leaned against the screen!! Fresh!! Fresh I tell ya!! Doesn't this squirrel know who's boss around here?! Doesn't he know that just under this poodie fur there is a panther waiting to get out?!! Oh it's enough to make you want to MRRROW! Ugh...I can't stand it. I gotta go find some nip.

Click HERE to go to the most current post.

10 Comments:

At March 29, 2005 11:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous replied...

Wow Timmy! Lucky for that squirrel you were on the other side of that window! You are so right about "the panther" that lives inside all of us!

Buzzerbee

 
At March 29, 2005 6:04 PM, Blogger Max replied...

My People used to FEED the squirrels!!! They did it right out there in the front yard where I could see from my window. They only quit when they realized the corn they left out for the squirrels was attracting birds, and the birds kept pooping on the Woman's car. THAT I thought was funny!

 
At March 29, 2005 9:24 PM, Blogger Ivan from WMD replied...

The gall, right in your face like that!

I've never even seen a squirrel--I don't think we have them around here. One time last summer there was a chipmunk in the yard trying to eat the seed the picky finches scatter all over the place but I laughed at him and he ran away. Haven't seen him since.

 
At March 29, 2005 10:26 PM, Blogger Jinky replied...

I know...Lets get it and eat it!!

Jinky

 
At March 30, 2005 1:47 AM, Blogger The Fluffy Tribe replied...

What's a squirrel? ~Merlin and Shadow

 
At March 30, 2005 9:28 AM, Blogger Timmy replied...

Squirrels, my poodie friends, are fresh, unruly little prairie doggies with bushy tails. They make great big nests up in the trees, eat all the birdie seed, stare at you from the window sill, chew a great big hole in the screen on the door to get at the decorative corn that is put up for Thanksgiving and bury nuts in your yard and forget where they put them.
They might be helpful but they usually plant them in the garden where my Mommy plants flowers. Then, if she's not careful, they grow into little trees and then she feels bad about uprooting them. But, they're also really cute...

 
At March 30, 2005 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous replied...

Timmy - our mom says that squirrels are overgrown rats with bushy tails. We don't have them near our house. We have rabbits instead.

Ghost & Mia

 
At March 30, 2005 9:53 AM, Blogger Timmy replied...

Hi Ghost, hi Mia!
Yes, I would agree with you on that. And those rabbits...we have them too! Sometimes, they make a little hole in the garden and put babies in there!

 
At March 30, 2005 11:25 AM, Blogger Robert replied...

We call squirrels "Tree Kitties"...

 
At March 31, 2005 10:22 AM, Blogger Timmy replied...

Mommy put that birdie feeder there a'cause she loves me :) Well, that and she wanted for so long to have a birdie feeder where she could watch the birdies...but I benefit!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home