<-- Blog Header -->

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

::sniff--sniff:: mmm fresh air!

Well, it's that time of year again! The weather is warming up, the front window is open a crack and all the birdies have come back to Mew Jersey! Know what that means???

My wildlife watch is back to posting lot's more stuff! I've been busy watching all the new birdies coming back into the area. There was a new one today that I've never seen a'fore! I'll have to do more research on it a'fore I document it though...

Here is a picture of the mourning dove that came by this afternoon...

What a sad song that little bird sings... (sigh)

Mommy was kind enough to try and take a picture of it from inside the house. She has a nice camera thingy that can zoom past the screen thing in the window and focus in on the birdie. You can see that the dove has a nice little pudgy belly like me! I wonder if it get's called names like I do (chub-chub, wide load, etc). Shmaybe that's why it sings sad songs! Shmaybe it's sad a'cause everyone tells it that it has a chubby belly? Hmm...I'll have to go have some nip and ponder this...

Click HERE to go to the most current post.

4 Comments:

At April 05, 2005 9:40 PM, Blogger Ivan from WMD replied...

It's great that it's warming up at your house, Timmy! Soon you'll have lots of birds visiting. I can't wait to see what one you didn't recognize. We have some like that, too--even the bird book I got Mom for Christmas didn't show them. We think they were just passing through, though, since we saw them for a few days in the fall and then for a few days just recently. It's a mystery!!

 
At April 05, 2005 10:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous replied...

Oh we have a pair of those on our patio too! And I think they had a baby last season because now there are three. Mommy always worries when she see's just one of 'em, she thinks something happened to the other.

Their songs are so purrdy but out of all the visitors to our backyard, the doves get me chattering like there's no tomorrow.

--Ginger

 
At April 05, 2005 11:06 PM, Blogger Robert replied...

We had baby mocking birds last year. This year, only a crow's nest...

:-P

 
At April 05, 2005 11:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous replied...

timmy, i saw the buggie on your wildlife watch quite a while ago. i want to put it in my buggie museum. last weekend i found lots more buggies for my museum. but dads been busy... at least, that's what he calls it... busy...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home