<-- Blog Header -->

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Test your birdie knowledge

This little birdie says "Do you know who I am??" He has come to our feeder for the third day in a row! We've never really seen him a'fore so I figured I should do some 'vestigating. I searched and found out who he is! Now... can you do the same? Here's what I knew. He was kinda small, but not as small as the chickadee. And not as big as the blue jay. He has a very handsome brown head, and a little bit of brown on the very tip of his wings. The rest of him is black. He sang a song for us that sounded like two very high glissando notes. Once he caught sight of me, he flew away so that's all I had to go by! Well, Mommy did have the picture for some help. But, now it's your turn to see if you can figure out the name of this birdie!
I was amazed to find out the answer myself! I don't think I've ever seen this kind of birdie around here a'fore and Mommy says it's a first time for her too! When I started looking up some of this information on the internet, I heard his song again. I went to the window and guess what? There was another kind of birdie there with him! Now, I thought, shmaybe it was his girl so I did some research and found that it was indeed his wife! They have quite the story to tell so, once you think you know who it is, go to my "wildlife watch" and see if you are correct! No cheating!!

Click HERE to go to the most current post.

7 Comments:

At April 06, 2005 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous replied...

You are such a beautiful kitty, Timmy!

Bonnie, Buzzerbee & meep

 
At April 06, 2005 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous replied...

I guessed right but only 'cause we gots those birds in Minnesota. OH TIMMY....I saw the first cardinal of spring today at the neighbors feeder! Scooby

 
At April 06, 2005 2:07 PM, Blogger Jinky replied...

Is the birdie thing lunch?

Jinky

 
At April 06, 2005 6:50 PM, Blogger Timmy replied...

Good try Spike :) We looked at the grackles too but they were just a little bit too big. Once his "wife" came around, it made it easier to figure out.

Jinky,
You are SO silly!! LOL

Good job Scooby :) It's probably a'cause you watch the talking box and am all educated and stuff. I like cardinals a lot! They're wicked cool with that bright red color. Well, the boys at least but the girls are pretty too! I wonder why the boy birdies am always so much more fancy? Hmm...

 
At April 06, 2005 10:48 PM, Blogger Max replied...

Heh. Jinky took my answer...

 
At April 06, 2005 11:27 PM, Blogger Ivan from WMD replied...

Could it be a cowbird? I've never seen one of those and I don't know if you have those there. Looks tasty, though.

 
At April 09, 2005 10:17 AM, Blogger Ginger The Cat replied...

You sure get neato birdies. My favoritest of them all is that red birdie you get. We don't get that one here at all and red is my favorite color!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home