<-- Blog Header -->

Monday, July 04, 2005

A big night!

Oh my goodness! Have I got something 'citing to tell you!!
Right a'fore we had all that yummy stuff Auntie Deb maked, I took a little stroll through the yard to make sure there was nothin' strange goin' on. There were buggies in the ground and birdies in the trees. The air was good and fresh and even a little breeze came by. It was really nice. I decided that the mood was right for a good dinner with the family on the deck. Auntie Deb was very 'mpressed with how good I go walking on my leash. She says that for a poodie, I'm a very good boy. The old lady that lives next door says I'm big enough to pass for a doggie. That's funny! Shmaybe I could learn woof? Then I'd be a bilingual poodin.

First of all, we had a really nice dinner on the deck. See how Momma made the plates blue, the cups white and the candle red? Auntie Deb maked all the good looking food on the table. There were all sorts of really good smells in the house all day long. I did get to taste that steak but I decided it made a better toy than treat. Momma wasn't pleased that she cut a little piece off and all I did was lick it and then bat it around. Well, what can I say? I'm not much for cow I guess. Gimme some turkey and we'll talk! I did, however, enjoy catnip. That was good!

Once dinner was all done, it was time to clean up. I went inside and went hidey under the bed a'cause I knew the big kaboomies in the sky were gonna start soon. But know what? I a'cided to be all brave so I came back out and went with Auntie Deb and Momma to see the big kaboomies anyway. It was all nice outside and we went in the monster with wheels to a nearby town. We parked in a special spot away from all the beans that were celebrating and making big loud noises. There were other monsters with wheels there and some beans were waiting for the big kaboomies with us. One little girl bean spotted me and told her whole family to look at me. Fortunately, she didn't come to visit. I just wasn't in a visiting kinda mood...

Auntie Deb rolled all the windows down and opened the sun roof so I had lotsa good fresh air. I did a half turtle on the dashboard and stayed up by the windshield the whole time. When it gotted all dark outside, I got to see bats! They were trying to catch the lightning buggies that were flying around. It was really cool!! Then the big show started. The kaboomies were right in front of our monster with wheels!! Nothin' a'tween us but the windshield! I watched them but know what? They were really loud and that made my ears go down real fast. I kept watching the sky though a'cause the colors were all fancy! Momma maked those pictures up there. The pink ones were from the finale...that was the loudest. I was cool about the whole half hour show until the finale camed. It was just too much for my wittle ears to take. I climbed down and into Momma's arms. I stayed there and she put her hands over my ears and told me I was a good boy. Then when it was all over, we wented home again! I think this was the second time I've ever been out when the sun thing was sleeping! Momma let me smell the good fresh air on the way home.

When we gotted inside, we told Gramma all about the big kaboomies and how we found a special hidey spot where not too many beans were. Then, we enjoyed watching s'more big kaboomies on the talking box. Momma says they were from Boston. I don't think I know any poodies from Boston but methinks one of my favorite online bean friends from Catifornia used to live near there once ;) There were soooo many of those kaboomies on that talking box. But now, I think it's time for me to go relax somewhere a'cause my ears need a rest! Happy 4th of July again!

Click HERE to go to the most current post.

7 Comments:

At July 05, 2005 1:09 AM, Blogger Max replied...

Hey, pretty cool that you got to go see the kaboomies. We could hear them here, and Buddah got all scared, so I had to show him where to hide under the bed and then lay on the floor next to it so he could see me. Hopefully I'll get to see some on TV when the Woman watches the news tonight.

She didn't get to see any, either, since the Man had to go to work and she can't drive at night.

 
At July 05, 2005 2:37 PM, Blogger Puggyspice replied...

Sounds like you had a really good time, Timmy! I'm glad you got to that catnip. We took Tyler to see kaboomies too.

 
At July 05, 2005 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous replied...

I saw some out our window and on TV. Mom gave me some catnip and a chunk, for calming, to help me. I don't like loud noises either.

 
At July 05, 2005 10:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous replied...

Timothy, again, you are my hero. How did you get to be so brave???? I would have just died a thousand deaths if my mom took me where you went.
Edsel/The Pooch

 
At July 05, 2005 11:14 PM, Blogger DK & The Fluffies replied...

I watched them from my condo. Lots of pretty colours in the sky.

 
At July 06, 2005 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous replied...

You have the best adventures! We could see some kaboomies from our house, but mostly it was just noisy! Mom said Spot was very brave this year; i think he was trying to set an example.

 
At July 06, 2005 3:59 PM, Blogger The Fluffy Tribe replied...

You are SUCH an adventurer Timmy, *sigh* if you didn't already have a winkwink, I would volunteer ~Shadow

Way to go Timmy. I prefer to stay in the condo, but I admire an adventurer when I see one ~Merlin

I'm always curious about loud noises, but Mom won't let me out because she's afraid I will run away ~Ko Ko (eyeroll)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home