<-- Blog Header -->

Friday, July 15, 2005

Gramma's Hurty Shoulder

As many of you know, my Gramma has lots of problems with her body. She am taking all kinds of funny little candies that I'm not allowed to touch or eat. When Auntie Deb was here, her left arm thing started to get all puffy and bigger than her other arm. None of us knew what was wrong with her. She am always hurting real bad. Sometimes I like to put the bite on her so she feels a different pain but I don't think she 'preciates my efforts.

Yesterday, Gramma wented away in the monster with wheels with Momma. It was real hard to watch my Gramma suffering like that. Her arm hurted her so bad and she can't make her leg things go very good. She has more legs than Momma does. Six all total but some of them are much smaller and are metal colored. Those four legs, Gramma moves around with her hands. Momma calls those metal legs a "walker" but I don't know why. I think it's still a part of Gramma so I always do my figure 8's around them.

Anyway, she wented away for a very long time with Momma yesterday. When they camed home, Gramma had a funny looking thing on her left arm. It's like a cast thing but not really a'cause she can take it off and put it back on. It holds her arm still. Momma calls it a "sling". Know what Gramma tolded me? That when she went to the bean vet, he taked pictures of her from the inside! For real! I'd like to have a picture taken from my inside! It would be neat! Anyway, the bean vet tolded her that a'cause of the picture, he could see that her left shoulder am dislocated. It's a big word but that means her arm am not attached to her shoulder anymore. Only muscles am holding it on. How sad. My poor Gramma has been hurting for almost two months like this! None of us know when she first did it but we know she didn't go kaboomie on the floor. Momma says it could have happened anywhere at any time.

The bean vet tolded her that he couldn't pop it back in a'cause it has been out for too long and the muscles am all tight. She needs surgery. Oh my poor Gramma. I sure hope that God fixes her like a miracle a'cause a surgery would be so hard for her a'cause she can't walk without using those extra metal feet of hers. She am going to another bean vet on Tuesday to find out s'more shtuff.

Gramma was given a new candy to take a'fore going to bed a night if her arm hurts. It am called perkyzit or something like that...it makes her all sleepy and her shoulder won't hurt so much. But, she didn't take one last night and she was able to sleep ok and that maked all of us happy a'cause she hasn't slept much in the past week a'cause of her arm and shoulder being so hurty.

When Momma and Gramma wented out yesterday, I was very upset. I don't know why Momma couldn't come home and fill my bowl with crunchies. She actually let me eat it down to the bottom! I could see the bottom of my bowl! Horrible! Just horrible! To show Momma how upset I was, I found some TP in the loo and shredded it. I didn't do it while they were out. I was a good boy then. I didn't try to eat Tangie, didn't knock anything over or nothin. I did this when it was nightime. Momma founded it and swiftly brought me into the loo with her. She pointed to it, said loud words at me and then did something unspeakable. She tapped my hiney with her hand. That made me run away and get big eyes. Shmaybe I shouldn't shred TP anymore. Shmaybe I'll stick to cardboard. Yesh. This is a good idea.

Click HERE to go to the most current post.

15 Comments:

At July 15, 2005 12:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous replied...

It's okay Timmy. Your mom was just still upset about Gramma. I get upset with mom, too, when she lets my food get to the bottom before putting more food in!

 
At July 15, 2005 12:44 PM, Blogger Edsel/The Pooch replied...

awww, poor Gramma. I bet if you give her a big smooch she'll feel lots and lots better!

Edsel/The Pooch

 
At July 15, 2005 3:00 PM, Blogger Shaggy and Scout replied...

Timmy, tell Grammie we are having her in our thoughts during her tough time. Hopefully with the right help she will come along just fine.
LOOK! LOOK! OUR BLOGGGIE IS GOING!
We've met so many friends on line...please stop by to see us!

 
At July 15, 2005 3:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous replied...

Oh Timmy, I hope your Grammie feels better real soon! My mom says once her bean mom broke & dislocated her ankle at the same time, but once they operated it felt much better.

If your Grammie wants to laugh, you can tell her that once my mom's bean mommy broke one of her foot bones when a package of frozen fish fell out of the freezer at the grocery store. She swears this is true and says it was probably flounder!

Purrs & nuzzles for your Grammie!

 
At July 15, 2005 4:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous replied...

We sure hope your Gramma feels better real soon - make sure you give her lotza extra special luvin' & kisses! Give your Momma luvin' too; she's probably pretty worried - you can make her feel better!

Buzz & meep

 
At July 15, 2005 6:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous replied...

Oh Timmy, I hope your grammie feels better soon, extra purrs and lovin' for her, OK?

Mia

 
At July 15, 2005 6:25 PM, Blogger Robert replied...

Our other reply got lost, but we sure have Grammie in our prayers. I'm sure a surgery will make her ouchie feel better, but that is scarey too!

Did they look inside with a scope? Dad's new doctors would want to do that to his shoulder, but he's a'scared of that.

 
At July 15, 2005 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous replied...

I and Tiger and both of our bean moms have your Grammy in our prayers bruddie Timmy*hugs* to both you and your bean mom and Grammy also.

Tigerkitty and Patchescat and their bean Moms too

 
At July 15, 2005 11:37 PM, Blogger Hannah replied...

Timmy, was you just rippin' up the TP to try to make your grammie a softie bed for her hurty shoulder?

 
At July 16, 2005 2:22 AM, Blogger Timmy replied...

uhh...yeah! That's the ticket ;)

 
At July 16, 2005 2:24 AM, Blogger Timmy replied...

Dear Everycat and bean,
Thank you so much for your kind thoughts and prayers for my Gramma. She am all hurty still but I know that it will warm her heart to know all these kinds words have been said 'bout her. Just you wait and see...shmaybe she'll comment too...if she can poke with her right hand at the alphabet boxes that is.

 
At July 16, 2005 2:12 PM, Blogger Grammie replied...

I am typing this with one finger on my right hand. I am left handed and that is the shoulder and arm with the hurty. It is really hard trying to do things righthanded, but I do want to say thank you - I am so happy to hear from you all and I thank you for your wonderful best wishes.
Luv and pets, oooxxx

 
At July 18, 2005 9:44 AM, Blogger Ivan from WMD replied...

Gosh, Timmy, I totally missed this. I hope your gramma gets to feeling better real soon and maybe she won't have to have that operation after all.

AND, I think there was just a TP thing going on for lots of us this weekend for NO APPARENT REASON.

p.s. I think I found your mirror twin! Look at this: http://howboutthemapples.blogspot.com/

 
At July 18, 2005 3:30 PM, Blogger The Fluffy Tribe replied...

Oh Timmy, I think your Mommy is just upset about your Grammy. She probably feels terrible about tapping your behiney. All of us hear in Pioland hope your Grammy gets healed up all by a miracle because they do happen and doesn't need that surgery. ~Merlin, Shadow, Ko Ko, and Rodentia

 
At July 18, 2005 5:59 PM, Blogger DK & The Fluffies replied...

Grammy - feel better!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home