<-- Blog Header -->

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Pet Perks!

Yesterday, Mommy and I went in the monster with wheels! And I bet you can guess where we went! Well, maybe not...but we went to PETsMART! Oh I always love to visit that store. Mommy and I went alone with nobody else in the monster with wheels. She said I was a very good boy and know what? I was :)

She makes a loopy thing with my leash and sticks it around the top of the chair I sit on so that I don't get in trouble. She says there's little pedals that only beans can touch and she didn't want me touching them. So, that's where I usually sit. That way, I can look out all the windows! The trees always go by real fast and sometimes I see doggies with their beans :) It's great fun!

Today, I wanted Mommy to open the window so I could stick my nose out and pretend to be a doggie. I sat up with my front legs on the handle and meowed real loud. I turned back and looked at her and then pawed the window. She opened it enough for me to sniff the good fresh air and my friends, it was divine! When we gotted to PETsMART, I waited until Mommy was ready to leave and then let her pick me up. Right outside the monster with wheels was a shopping cart thing. I gotted in the big part and scrambled up under the part that hides me. I made myself look like a pancake until we gotted in the store. I don't like all the scary monsters with wheels that live out there so I hide. It doesn't make me a wimp. Just a smart cat! Once inside, I gotted out and climbed into the top part where Mommy pushes.

This is where I usually sit a'cause that way, I can see everything all good and give Mommy some head rubs while she pushes.

We went all over the store! I gotted some new fancy feast and some soccer balls to play with until the bureau in Gramma's room eats them up. We didn't need to buy so much stuff this time but Mommy said it was a nice day for shopping so that's why we went :) We went down one of the aisles and I sawed something I wanted so I meowed real loud (I don't meow unless absolutely necessary). It was Whisker Lickens' Temptations! Turkey Flavor!! I love those yummy treatsies and recognized the bag so when I saw them, I meowed to Mommy and she said they were turkey so she gotted them for me a'cause she knows I like turkey lots! I never had them a'fore but poodies, they am really really good!

Mommy took me for a treat for being such a good boy...I got to see the fish pond and know what? There were fishies swimmin' in there! I could see them! Then, she rode me over to the birdies and I sat and watched them for a little while. A bean camed and asked if we needed help but Mommy said she was just giving me eye candy. What's eye candy? A birdie!? Oh I'd love a birdie!! yum....

Anyway, when we were almost ready to leave, a little bean inside a stroller camed and looked at me. I haven't seen one that little a'fore. He was all cute snuggled in there and when he sawed me, he laughed really hard and said "Kitty!" in a big loud voice as he pointed at me. That made me purr a'cause he was wicked cute! His Mommy said he am learning to talk. I'm glad he knows what a kitty is! Then, his Mommy took him to see the kitties that live behind the glass wall. My Mommy did the same. We sawed so many beautiful poodies who still are waiting for their forever homes in there. One took a strong liking to me and rolled over on her back and pawed at the glass. She tried to rub up against me but that glass wall was in the way. There was a tuxedo kitty that chittered at me and when she looked at me, she tried to rub up against me too but that glass wall was in the way again. Don't worry my Sweet Izzy, none of them caught my eye like you did ♥

When we were ready to leave, Mommy noticed a bean asking people to sign up for something. Know what? She signed up for it too a'cause she said it am like a little tiny coupon that hangs out with her keys. It's called Pet Perks. I think it's new a'cause I've never heard of them a'fore. But know what? We am saved 90 cents off of the balls and treatsies and a dollar off the fancy feast! Good times! Mommy likes saving those little green pieces of paper when she can.

By the time we left the store, two beans had given me some real good scritchies on my chin, a few beans said hello to me and I sawed a poof on a leash wearin' a sweater and a little black pug. I gotted back into the big part of the cart thing and we went back over to the monster with wheels. I knew it was ours so I started to reach out for it. Mommy opened the side door and I jumped in all by myself! Gramma was most impressed with that :) When we camed home, I got to taste my new treatsies and man, they were wicked awesome!! I got one of my new soccer go-get-em balls to play with and then it was time for a well deserved nap!

Click HERE to go to the most current post.

16 Comments:

At May 05, 2005 11:31 AM, Blogger Hannah replied...

You're just too cute Timmy Wimmy. Maybe one day you'll bring a little bruddie or sistur home with you from the store!

:-)

 
At May 05, 2005 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous replied...

We love to read your adventure stories Timmy! -Scooby & Shaggy

 
At May 05, 2005 2:26 PM, Blogger jenianddean replied...

my mom just couldn't believe how well you ride in the cart. I hate the monster with wheels. I hate to ride in one for 19 hours one time. It was awful!

Jasper

 
At May 05, 2005 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous replied...

aww, Timmy, that sounded like so much fun. I've never been to the petstore, but Ragamuffin has. Everytime I go in the monster with wheels I end up at the place with sharp pokey things and funny smells. I don't like that place at all, but Ragamuffin likes it. Mom says it's hard to handle both a dog and a cat together at the petstore but she said she'll take me one of these days!

Mia

 
At May 05, 2005 4:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous replied...

Timmy:
You are soooo cute! Such a little Dickens! Our kitty Shyla (on Catster, the Black Shyla) is so shy that she would never want to go into petsmart. That makes you a hero in her book!

 
At May 05, 2005 6:13 PM, Blogger DK & The Fluffies replied...

Whisker Lickens' Temptations! Yum one of my favorites. Nice tummy shot - meow.

 
At May 05, 2005 6:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous replied...

You are such a good shopper, Timmy - you should be a "SpokesKitty" for PetsMart!

Bonnie (Buzzerbee's "the girl" and Meep's "mom")

 
At May 05, 2005 9:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous replied...

Wow, Timmy - you had a full day. No wonder you had to take a nap. Mommy said you had a cute tummy. She also said that she wouldn't dare try to take Ghost or I out like that. She thinks we would be to scared. Mommy wants to know if you have always been okay with the leash. She is afraid I will attack her if she trys to put one on me. My tuxedo cousin Little Fella just laid down when his Mommy put a leash on him.

Mia and Ghost

 
At May 05, 2005 10:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous replied...

I love you Timothy Dickens! Your stories, particularly this one about your trip to the pet store, provide a real bright spot in my day. As long as Timmy is blogging, the world's not such a bad place!

 
At May 05, 2005 10:31 PM, Blogger Max replied...

I have never been to PetsMart; the People leave me at home when they go places. Mostly this is okay because I hate being outside, but it sure would be nice to go show them what I really want. I keep telling the Woman "I want a hidy place like the other blogging kitties have" but I don't think she gets it.

Maybe my People are brain damaged...?

 
At May 05, 2005 10:49 PM, Blogger Ginger The Cat replied...

You are so very brave Timmy! I love how you just go forth in the world with your Mommy on these adventures to the store! I've never done that because I'm too much a scaredy cat. I do love hearing about your trips though and love the pictures!!

I absolutely agree that you needed a nap after all of that.

 
At May 06, 2005 3:01 AM, Blogger The Fluffy Tribe replied...

What an adventure. It is neat you are good for going out with your Mom. We don't behave to go outside the apartment. It is too scary. ~Merlin, Shadow, and Ko Ko

Very cute story and tummy shot Timmy. My babies don't go out in the car. They don't like it, but you are very adventurous. ~Cat Mom Jane

 
At May 06, 2005 3:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous replied...

im glad you had an awesome day timmy wimmy:)!!

 
At May 06, 2005 10:26 AM, Blogger Timmy replied...

I got so many comments!

Hannah Banana, I think I'm ridin' solo a'cause this house am too small for another poodie. Mommy and Gramma agree it would be too much.
Scoobs and Shaggy, I love to talk about my adventures :) and I'm glad you enjoy reading them!
Jasper, I ride real good in the cart...and the monster but, I kick and fight Mommy when I see the monster in the driveway...once I'm in it, it's ok.
Mia, you are really cute! I sawed your picture on Ragamuffin's dogster page :) You guys look so nice together! I 'specially like the white spot on your back. I have one on my leg that looks like a ♥
Hi Shyla! I'm glad you came to visit! Don't be too shy!! Make sure to come back again :)
Diva, thanks for the kind words 'bout my belly. The old lady next door thinks it's too big. I don't...there's room for more food in there!
Bonnie, ya think I could be a spokeskitty? Is there perks with that!? I'm in!
Bastya, you're so lucky! You got a treatsie when you went to the store? I usually have to wait until I get home to have one. When I go to the bank, they give me treatsies there though!
Mia and Ghost, Mommy made me get used to the leash. She put my harness on and let me "roll around" for about an hour until I got used to it. Then, she hooked the leash on and I rolled around again. It took a day or two to get used to...but I've been ok with it. I know how to get out of it if I want ;) did that in the yard one and scared Mommy to death 'cause as soon as I got loose, I ran. But, I ran right to the back door to go in.
Max, About the hidey place...shmaybe they will find one on sale like my Mommy did? Each time we went to the store, it was still there and one day, it had a sticker on it saying it was on sale! That's when she gotted it. I think that's the trick to getting a hidey spot.
Gingie, You are so kind :) I think you are very brave a'cause you were ready to pounce that "thing under the sink" I would have tucked my tail and ran. That makes you VERY brave in my book ;)
Hi Mommy Jane and poi poodins :) I'm lucky to have a little deck that I can go on. If I didn't have that, I don't think I'd be fond of the yard either. The monster with wheels...well, like I said, once I'm in it, it's ok. But it's very scary to see from outside.
Sissie Tiger! Those treasies are the bestest but I noticed them am made by whiskas...not whisker lickens like I thought. They're real tiny treasties so you can eat more than normal!
I sure wish I knew the 'nonymous writers so I could say hi by name, but I'll just say that you both had such nice things to say about me that I had to purr...

 
At May 06, 2005 4:43 PM, Blogger DK & The Fluffies replied...

The old lady next door must know nothing about snuggling or tummy pillows - Meow.

 
At May 12, 2005 11:48 AM, Blogger Timmy replied...

No she doesn't. She says I'm fat but cute. She doesn't like it when I rub up against her legs...she claims she'll fall down and shoves me out of the way with her cane and foot. But that's ok...when she's not looking, I try to grab her ankle or hand...that always makes her jump. Tee-hee... She's my Mommy's Gramma.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home