<-- Blog Header -->

Saturday, July 16, 2005

"Hairy" Potter

I think my Momma is crazy. Her friend Julie (who lives with Percy) camed over tonight around 8:30 and they wented to a place that sells lots and lots of books called Barnes and Noble. I know Momma likes those Harry Potter books a'cause I've seen them on the shelf in her bedroom. I guess the lady that writes the books maked another one. There was some big hoopla about it on the talking box this morning. So anyway, Momma and Julie went to the Midnight Magic Party where they celebrated the arrival of the new book. There were face painters, wand makers, picture takers, a Harry Potter trivia game and all sorts of fun stuff for little beans. Momma and Julie didn't do any of that stuff though. They walked around trying to find the "golden snitch" that was hidden in that great big store. They never found it but whoever did gotted a $25 gift card.

Momma said that there were lots of "odd" people there all dressed up like characters from the book. If I could be one, I'd be Hermoine's poodin. That way I wouldn't have to dress up. I'm already a poodin!

So, Momma gotted a yellow wristband with a number and she gotted to line up a'fore Julie did. Julie gotted an orange one a'cause she didn't get to pre-order in time. But it all worked out in the end anyway a'cause when Momma got up to the bean that sold the books, she asked for two and he gave them to her! Momma and Julie were out of the store by 12:30! That's still crazy in my eyes. Who buys books so early in the morning?! Crazy. Just crazy.

Momma brought back a whole bunch of stuff for me to chew and play with which was nice of her since she's been gone since 8:30 tonight. She said it was all the free shtuff they gave out. Stickers which I won't touch a'cause they're sticky. Then there's two tattoos! I have a tattoo of a heart on my leg! She also got a poster of all the books so far which won't do me any good. Shmaybe I could chew it a little...and the harry potter glasses which started to fall off once Momma taked the picture and bestest of all, the green bracelet that has the date the book camed out on it with an owl. I like that a'cause it's chewy and I can make it go fly in the air!

Well, I'm just glad Momma's home. It am so very late now...I can't believe her. She's crazy!! Momma says she had lots of fun, but she said the best part was being with her friend the whole night :) I tell you what's the best part of the night for me...when Momma goes to bed and I chew that green bracelet!!

Click HERE to go to the most current post.

8 Comments:

At July 16, 2005 10:37 AM, Blogger Mathias42 replied...

what exactly does green taste like? My man dosen't like green things.

 
At July 16, 2005 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous replied...

I'm glad your momma and her friend had a good time, and brought you a nice present back! I have a yellow bracelet from a guy named Lance Armstrong.

 
At July 16, 2005 6:54 PM, Blogger Myst and Blackie replied...

Our Mom loves Barnes & Noble but there isn't one close by. We have a purple bracelet from the American Cancer Society

 
At July 16, 2005 8:28 PM, Blogger Edsel/The Pooch replied...

My Mom has read all the Hairy books too and will buy the new one. Will your Momma read it to you? We have a pink bracelet 'cause Mom's friend had breast cancer but is all better now.

 
At July 17, 2005 2:01 AM, Blogger Max replied...

The Woman bought that bok at the grocery store today. But did she buy me anything? No!

She hasn't started reading it, yet. The Younger Human is in something called Guys & Dolls tomorrow and she was worried she'd stay up too late reading if she started it.

Frankly, I didn't know she bothered to read anyone else's books. I thought she just reread her own over and over and over...

 
At July 18, 2005 12:12 AM, Blogger Ivan from WMD replied...

You look very nice in those glasses, Timmy! I wouldn't mind having one of those bracelets to chew on, either!

My mom has a shiny one but you can't chew on it at all. She doesn't wear it often--it's kinda like how I can't stand wearing a collar, I guess--but she keeps it in her car so it's with her a lot. I think hers says MIA on it.

 
At July 18, 2005 3:33 PM, Blogger The Fluffy Tribe replied...

Well, since you get the green bracelet, which sounds like a Lot of fun to play with, you should put the other stuff in the book to keep.

 
At July 18, 2005 5:58 PM, Blogger DK & The Fluffies replied...

Dude, nice shades.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home