<-- Blog Header -->

Sunday, September 16, 2007

How I Survive Being Home Alone

I knows I knows... it's been a way long time since I said I was gonna put pictures on... but a'member, Momma am teaching beans again so it's kinda hard to get her to sit down and a'lax. So, I happened to get her still for a while and a'cided to sit in my dasani water hut while she helped me blog...

I have to keep myself entertained most of the day until she comes home in the afternoon. I have found that her hairties smell like her mostest of all so I likes to keep at least one near me at all times. That way, I can sniff her and a'member that she's gonna come home again.

I also likes to practice my singing. Grammie suspects that I must do a lotta singing a'cause she says that I'm much louder than ever. It's true! The more you practice somethin' the better you get at it! I've a'come so good at it that when Momma am on the phone thing with Grammie, she can hear me singing all way loud!

I'm also really good at redecorating. Momma says she doesn't always like the changes, but I think deep down she really does. Who wouldn't like a garbage pail turned on it's side?!?! C'mon there's things in there that smell divine!! I also likes to change the decorations in the bedroom on the dresser. How many times do you need to look at the same photos? I just hop up and gently tap them over.

I have found the bestest places to sleep are the ones that are cozy. My favorite place is upstairs on the couch. It's one of those kinds of couches that turns into a bed so it has a comfy comforter on it...I have slept there so much that there's a little nook where I usually go. Also, the dining room table makes for a wonderful shelter for the times I wanna feel like I'm hiding. I sneak in under the table and hide a'hind all the chairs.

My water (I like to call it Wa-Wa) must always be fresh. I have to put mine paw down sometimes to get what I want, but Momma usually a'members to keep the tub faucet dripping a little during the day. Wa-Wa that's been sitting in a bowl all day just doesn't cut it. Yuck! Insist on it being cold and from the tap.

Get yourself a nice toy that lets you stick treatsies into it. This is a great way to keep busy and will pass the time while giving you a'wards at the same time. Momma boughted me a ballie that has a place to stick the treatsies... when she fills it, my tail thing quivers with a'citement! I knows that for a while, I'll be able to forget about mine Momma going bye-bye. I likes to push it gently so that it only rolls a little bit. I check the floor to see if a treatsie popped out, and if it didn't, I tap the ballie again. It's good fun. I definately recommend everycat should have one!

Well, these are just some of my tricks for being stuck at home alone while youre bean is out working to keep your belly full. Do you have any tricks? I'd love to hear them! I almost forgot the most important part of surviving the day! SLEEEEEEPING! It passes the time so well and then gets you all ready for when Momma comes home! I'm gonna go have another nap right now!

Labels: , ,

Click HERE to go to the most current post.

12 Comments:

At September 17, 2007 4:27 PM, Blogger Smeagol and Strider, Mystery (Sunnin' at the Bridge) and Gizmo too! replied...

Hi Timmy, it's so good to hear from you!! Those are great ideas for when we're home alone while the beans work!!

We LOVES your water hut thing, we gotta get Mom to get us one (or two) of those!!

We're keepin' up our purrs and purrayers for Grammie, too!!

 
At September 17, 2007 6:05 PM, Blogger Unknown replied...

It's nice to hear from you again. I am not much of a singer. Clyde, on the other hand, doesn't hardly stop. He sometimes sings when he eats even!

 
At September 17, 2007 8:53 PM, Blogger Just Ducky replied...

Yes, sleeping is the number one way to pass the time until mum comes home. I can dream of her and the snuggles and scritches I will get.

I sleep places where I can smell mum. The bed, the couch are the bestest.

Purrs to Grammie.

 
At September 18, 2007 5:06 PM, Blogger Puff replied...

Timmy! We missed you! I have never had to endure Mom being gone all day, but Spot remembers when she used to hunt in the city.

 
At September 18, 2007 5:57 PM, Blogger Shaggy and Scout replied...

Timothy we miss you when you don't blog! It must be real different for you to have her gone all day. Our gramma used to leave the radio on for her dog Sparky when she went to work.
Mom has been thinking about getting one of those treat ball things. Now that she knows you have one and give it your approval, she'll get one for us.

 
At September 18, 2007 11:25 PM, Blogger Mickey's Musings replied...

Wow, it must be hard to adjust to your Mom being gone all day.But it becomes routine really fast.That's what Mom tells ne. I want a treat ball.That sounds cool.I just need to hide it from my sisfurs.

 
At September 19, 2007 4:27 PM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy replied...

Hi Timmy!!! we is glad to hear from you. sorry that your mommy is abandoning your for werk. werk stinks.

 
At September 19, 2007 9:15 PM, Blogger jenianddean replied...

Good to see a new post! And a great picture, too. Huggy Bear loves Mom's hair bands and will carry them around and play with them. Every now and then she'll recover them all and he'll start hunting them all over again. This is less of an issue now that her hair is shorter, but when she was growing it for Locks of Love this was really frustrating for Mom.
--Jasper

 
At September 22, 2007 2:49 PM, Blogger Frostin replied...

Hi Timothy,

I tagged you for the 7 things about me meme.

Princess Ashlyn of Frostin's Court

 
At September 24, 2007 8:32 AM, Blogger Memories of Eric and Flynn replied...

Hi Timmy
Our mum werks at home so we see her most of the time. Those wuz grate sujjeschuns about how to keep occyoopied when yer home alone. If she has to leave us on our own, we'll remember what yoo sed. We fink that treaties ball sounds good anyway. Fink we'll tell her we need one.

 
At September 26, 2007 10:16 PM, Blogger Tiger Lily replied...

Hi Timothy. I love your new picture! I like to get under things too.

I have 2 kitty sisters and 2 woofies to help me stay occupied when Mom and my Daddy leave us home alone all day. Your tricks sound very good though so we may have to try them!

 
At September 29, 2007 2:00 PM, Blogger Mr. Hendrix replied...

Good to hear from you Timmy! I dont like being left alone either. Luckily mommy took a new jobbie where she gets to work from home 2 days a week.
I do like to sleep the day away. Mommy also hangs my "fishing" toys (the feathers in a string on a stick) all around so I can bat them around and pull them down. Like on my command center scratching post, tucked into the couch cushions etc.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home